SBRI funding competition: integrated innovation for nuclear decommissioning
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £3 million to integrate and demonstrate innovative technologies for nuclear decommissioning.
This competition opened on 30 January 2017 and is now closed for registrations.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), Sellafield Ltd and Innovate UK are to invest up to £3 million in projects that will integrate and demonstrate flexible innovative technologies for the nuclear decommissioning sector.
The aim of this competition is to develop an innovative and integrated demonstrator. This should minimise human intervention, achieve a significant increase in productivity and reduce the cost of nuclear decommissioning.
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition. It is open to organisations of all sizes, from any sector.
This competition has 2 phases. We have allocated up to £400,000 for phase 1 and up to £2.6 million for phase 2.
- phase 1: technical feasibility studies. We expect projects to range in size, up to a total cost of £50,000. Projects should last up to 3 months.
- phase 2: development and demonstration in a non-active environment. We expect projects to range in size, up to a total cost of £1.5 million, but we will consider funding larger projects on a case by case basis. Projects should last up to 20 months.
You must register before midday on 19 April 2017.
You must apply before midday on 26 April 2017.
- briefing event in London on 14 February 2017
- brokerage event in Aberdeen on 28 February 2017
- brokerage event in Birmingham on 2 March 2017
- brokerage event in Penrith on 7 March 2017
- brokerage event in Bristol on 9 March 2017
Register and apply online.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 12 December 2016
Updated: 19 April 2017
- Removed registration link.
- Added link to briefing webinar recording.
- Added registration link to brokerage event in Aberdeen on 28 February 2017.
- Added registration links to all brokerage events.
- First published.