Research and analysis
Research project 521: driving safety culture
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Part of:
- Health and safety research project 521: driving safety culture and Maritime sector
- First published:
- 6 May 2014
The full research behind the publication 'Leading for Safety'.
Research project 521: driving safety culture - identification of leadership qualities for effective safety management
PDF, 733KB, 129 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This academic research project, commissioned by Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) in 2004, is based on interviews.
It shows the full findings, and how the conclusions summarised in ‘Leading for Safety’ were reached.
It aimed to identify:
- the behaviours and leadership qualities that help make on-board safety culture better
- the factors that create a better safety culture
- the barriers to making on-board safety culture better
Published: 6 May 2014