Research and analysis
Research and development network reports: school-based research in a self-improving system
- National College for Teaching and Leadership
- Part of:
- Research and development network: school-based research on pedagogy and Teaching schools: national research and development
- First published:
- 24 February 2015
Report from teaching schools' research on pedagogy themes agreed by the NCTL research and development network.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-466-6, DFE-RR443B PDF, 1.03MB, 72 pages
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-465-9, DFE-RR443A PDF, 253KB, 18 pages
This report is part of school-based enquiry completed by teaching schools during 2012 to 2014. It looks at the following themes:
- Theme 1: what makes great pedagogy?
- Theme 2: what makes great professional development which leads to consistently great pedagogy?
- Theme 3: how can leaders lead successful teaching school alliances which enable the development of consistently great pedagogy?
It highlights that in alliances or partnerships, pedagogy, professional development and leadership within and across alliances go hand-in-hand. They are mutually influential and interdependent.
It looks at how to:
- ensure great pedagogy
- embed great pedagogy in professional development and leadership within and across alliances
- support and develop peers’ learning
- be flexible and adaptable
The report shows the benefits of working with others on research and possible solutions to overcome the challenges.
Other reports published as part of this research can be found in the Research and development network: school-based research collection.
Published: 24 February 2015