Research and analysis
Research and development network: leadership of pedagogy report
- National College for Teaching and Leadership
- Part of:
- Research and development network: school-based research on pedagogy and Teaching schools: national research and development
- 24 February 2015
Report for the teaching schools' research on theme 3, investigating the leadership of teaching school alliances.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-470-3, DFE-RR443F PDF, 786KB, 69 pages
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78105-471-0, DFE-RR443G PDF, 1.58MB, 149 pages
This report is part of school-based research completed by teaching schools during 2012 to 2014. It looks specifically at how leaders can lead successful teaching school alliances which enable the development of consistently great pedagogy.
Schools investigated the leadership of alliances around the following aspects:
- leadership of cross-school pedagogy projects
- leadership to develop pedagogy within a school
- leadership of great pedagogy at alliance level
The report highlights findings about leadership of projects across a group of schools and concludes with strategic questions about the future role of teaching school alliances in leading research and development activity including:
- how can the Teaching School Council and teaching school alliances articulate and lead a clear strategic vision for the role that alliances will play in research and development over the next 5 years?
- how can the role of teaching school alliances in leading research and development complement alliances’ role in developing and leading a school-led system?
The case studies, tools and resources give more detail of the alliances’ research projects.
Other reports and case studies published as part of this research can be found in the Research and development network: school-based research collection.
Published: 24 February 2015