Research and analysis
Avian influenza (bird flu): epidemiology reports
Investigations carried out to describe and explain cases of avian influenza (bird flu).
The following reports have been published, summarising the epidemiological investigations carried out to describe and explain cases of:
- H5N8 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza: between December 2016 and March 2017
- H7N7 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza: near Preston, Lancashire, July 2015
- H7N7 Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza: in broiler breeder chickens, February 2015
- H5N8 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza: in breeding ducks on a premises in Yorkshire, November 2014
We’ve separately published the epidemiology report into the avian influenza case in Dunfermline, Scotland in 2016.
Published: 12 March 2015
Updated: 16 June 2017
- Added national epidemiology report on cases of highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8 between December 2016 and March 2017.
- Uploaded corrected version of epi report for July 2015 outbreak - fixed unreadable text on page 33 and changed the number of PZ duck holdings on page 34 has been changed from 16 to 15.
- Added epidemiology report for H7N7 Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza outbreak in near Preston, Lancashire, July 2015.
- First published.