Regulating for people, environment and growth: 2014 evidence summary
- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- Environment Agency data on business environmental performance
- 28 September 2015
Environment Agency statistics on our regulation work and the environmental performance of regulated businesses in 2014 in England.
Ref: LIT 10159 PDF, 369KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document reports on the Environment Agency’s regulation work in 2014. It provides facts and statistics about the:
- emissions to air from the businesses we regulate
- number of serious pollution incidents and sectors responsible
- compliance of businesses with their environmental permits
- reduction in costs for businesses we regulate
- enforcement action we take when businesses don’t comply
The Environment Agency applies the regulatory framework set by government. We work with businesses to make sure they operate in a way that avoids harming people or the environment, without imposing unnecessary administrative burdens on them.
Published: 28 September 2015