The Regional and Local Insight data sets bring together a huge range of data related to culture and sport. The outputs are updatable MS Excel…
The Regional and Local Insight data sets bring together a huge range of data related to culture and sport. The outputs are updatable MS Excel sheets containing summary tables and breakdowns by year and, where available, local authority.
The Regional and Local Insights were derived from the following data tables. These data tables are collated sources of data on similar themes. Where available, data for the last five years and by local authority are given.
- CASE economy data (Excel 6.9mb)
Data tables on gross value added, businesses, turnover, employment, volunteering, and business start-up for the CASE economy (culture, creative industries and sport).
Note: The spreadsheet was amended on 4 May 2011. The previous version incorrectly used Financial Years which has now been corrected to Calendar Years. No other changes were made.
- Capital investment data (Excel 1.8mb)
Data by levels of public (exchequer and Lottery) and private capital funding across the CASE domains (where available).
- Non-capital investment data (Excel 8.1mb)
Data on the levels of public (exchequer and Lottery) and private funding for non-capital projects across the CASE domains.
- Tourism data (Excel 613kb)
Data on domestic overnight tourism, inbound tourism, visits to visitor attractions.
- Education data (Excel 5.5mb)
Data on participation in Higher Education, Further Education, GCSE level and in non mainstream CASE related programmes. Last updated in September 2010.
- Community and well-being data (Excel 351kb)
Data on local perceptions community cohesion, belonging, community safety.
- Engagement data (Excel 913kb)
Data tables on participation in activities across CASE sectors and levels of satisfaction. Last updated in September 2010.
- Physical asset data (Excel 1.3mb)
Data table containing the count, percentage and density of physical assets by CASE sector and region. This data was published in October 2010.
Regional Insights Reports
The Regional Insights reports below provide an analysis of the data tables by region, along with key statistics for 2010.
- East Midlands Report (PDF 276kb)
- East of England Report (PDF 281kb)
- London Report (PDF 263kb)
- North East Report (PDF 263kb)
- North West Report (PDF 256kb)
- South East Report (PDF 288kb)
- South West Report (PDF 290kb)
- West Midlands Report (PDF 300kb)
- Yorkshire & Humber Report (PDF 263kb)
The following report provides information on how data in the tables above were sourced and constructed.
- Local and regional insights: methods and sources (PDF 446kb)
We are always looking at how best to present these data and give easy access to the most useful comparisons of interest to local areas and researchers, and what sort of analytic tools might be more beneficial. If you work as at local level and want to make use of these data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org