Rates and allowances: Air Passenger Duty
Details of Air Passenger Duty due, based on where you're travelling to and your class of travel.
The attached document is classified by HM Revenue and Customs as guidance and contains information about the rates payable for Air Passenger Duty.
Read more about Air Passenger Duty, if you have to pay it, and how to register and submit returns.
Published: 1 January 2012
Updated: 6 April 2017
- This guidance has been updated to reflect Air Passenger Duty rates for flights originating in the UK and Northern Ireland effective from 1 April 2018.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- From 1 April 2015, rates and destination bands change for Air Passenger Duty.
- Added new rates from 1 April 2015, and included the Northern Ireland rates previously located in Notice 550: Air Passenger Duty.
- First published.