Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014
- Competition and Markets Authority
- Part of:
- Markets and monopolies register of orders, undertakings and directions, Competition law, and Markets
- First published:
- 1 October 2014
The orders provide measures on benefits, incentive schemes and better information for patients.
PDF, 248KB, 3 pages
PDF, 327KB, 4 pages
PDF, 305KB, 21 pages
PDF, 316KB, 8 pages
These orders were made under the market investigations provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002.
The orders include:
- measures on benefits and incentive schemes provided to referring clinicians by private hospital operators
- measures to increase the availability of information to patients on both consultant fees and the performance of consultants and private hospitals
- the ability for the CMA to review future arrangements where private hospital operators team up with NHS private patient units (PPUs) and to ban any that might substantially lessen competition
Further information is available on the private healthcare market investigation case page.
Published: 1 October 2014