This guide helps people who commission and develop strategies and interventions to prevent harmful alcohol and drug use.
- a summary of the United Nations Office of Drug Control (UNODC) international drug use prevention standards
- a summary of how effective each type of drug prevention intervention is
- examples of relevant UK guidelines, programmes and interventions
This guidance can help local authority commissioners and drug prevention practitioners to:
- translate the UNODC standards to English settings
- develop and put in place evidence-based prevention strategies