PHI 10: application for authority to send authorised materials

Apply for a licence that lets you import, move and keep normally prohibited material in England and Wales.

Applies to England and Wales



You must get written authority from the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) to send prohibited material. An authorisation, previously known as a licence, is valid for 12 months.

If your authority is approved, you can send prohibited material to other people or organisations in England and Wales, provided the destination site or person is authorised to receive them.

Published 16 April 2020
Last updated 11 February 2021 + show all updates
  1. Updated PHI10 application form.

  2. First published.