Information for carriers about charges for passengers without adequate documents, how to object to charges and which charges are waived.
This information is for air, sea and rail carriers.
Read ‘Passenger documents: when carriers are charged’ to find out:
- when you may be charged for passengers without adequate documents
- what will happen if you are charged
- how you can object to charges
- when charges may be waived
- how to contact the Carriers Liaison Section for more information
Use ‘A quick guide to charging procedures’ to get an overview.