Pacer vehicles withdrawal: confirming the ministerial direction
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Letter confirming a ministerial direction relating to the withdrawal of Pacer vehicles by 2020.
Pacer vehicles withdrawal: a letter from the Secretary of State for Transport to the Permanent Secretary confirming a ministerial direction
PDF, 1.11MB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This letter was written by the Secretary of State for Transport to the Permanent Secretary. It confirms a ministerial direction in relation to the withdrawal of Pacer vehicles by 2020. This letter also sets out the reasons for confirming a ministerial direction, those being the:
- incompatibility of the Pacer vehicles with the vision for economic growth and prosperity in the north
- need for a long term solution that will address the projected shortfall in diesel vehicles
- Pacer vehicles withdrawal: seeking a ministerial direction, published February 2015
- Northern franchise 2015: invitation to tender, published February 2015
- TransPennine Express franchise 2015: invitation to tender, published February 2015