Letter seeking a ministerial direction in relation to the withdrawal of Pacer vehicles by 2020.
Pacer vehicles withdrawal: a letter from the Permanent Secretary to the Secretary of State for Transport seeking a ministerial direction
PDF, 1.96MB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This letter was written by the Permanent Secretary of the Department for Transport to the Secretary of State for Transport. It seeks a ministerial direction in relation to the withdrawal of Pacer vehicles by 2020. The letter also sets out the reasons for seeking a ministerial direction, those being:
- the low value for money of the proposal
- the precise stipulations reducing flexibility for bidders
- Pacer vehicles withdrawal: confirming the ministerial direction, published February 2015
- Northern franchise 2015: invitation to tender, published February 2015
- TransPennine Express franchise 2015: invitation to tender, published February 2015