Licence for the export of a wide range of military equipment to low-risk destinations.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export or transfer of goods, software or technology from the UK to any of the countries listed in the licence.
All previous licences are revoked.
This licence is subject to reporting requirements under the transparency initiative.
You will need to download the Military Goods, Software and Technology Undertaking Template to use this OGEL.
If you do not meet the conditions of this licence, you may be able to consider using the government or NATO End-Use OGEL. This allows military goods to be exported to the governments of, or NATO headquarters in, specified countries.
Published: 1 January 2013
Updated: 1 March 2017
- This licence has been republished to reflect amendments to the Export Control Order 2008.
- Ministry of Defence (MOD) security requirements have been clarified.
- Erroneous text in Glossary section removed.
- Updated to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- This licence came into force on 11 January 2013 and replaces OGEL (military goods) dated 8 August 2012.
- First published.