- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and Department of Energy & Climate Change
- Part of:
- Industrial strategy: government and industry in partnership, Low carbon technologies, and Industrial strategy
- 1 August 2013
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Sets out the actions that government and industry will take to promote innovation and investment in the UK offshore wind sector.
Ref: BIS/13/1092 PDF, 918KB, 77 pages
Ref: BIS/13/1092ES PDF, 688KB, 19 pages
Ref: BIS/14/880 PDF, 1.15MB, 31 pages
This strategy sets out how government and industry will work together to promote innovation, investment and economic growth in the UK offshore wind sector. It covers:
- providing market confidence
- building a competitive supply chain
- supporting innovation
- building a highly skilled workforce
The strategy was developed in partnership with the Offshore Wind Industry Council (OWIC), which brings together offshore wind developers, supply chain companies, government, The Crown Estate and the devolved administrations. The strategy takes account of existing evidence, as well as new evidence gathered through a call for views.
The offshore wind strategy is part of the government’s industrial strategy.
The offshore wind infographic is available in other formats from Flickr: Industrial sector infographics
Published: 1 August 2013