Offensive weapons: safe handling procedures for immigration officers
- UK Visas and Immigration
- Part of:
- Enforcement and criminal investigations (modernised guidance) and Immigration and borders
- 1 November 2013
- Last updated:
- 20 May 2015, see all updates
Modernised guidance from UK Visas and Immigration about how it handles offensive weapons.
PDF, 373KB, 28 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance tells immigration enforcement officers about the safe handling procedures to follow if they find an offensive weapon. It covers:
- which weapons are illegal
- what to do if an offensive weapon is found
- when and how to seize and store them safely
- exceptions which allow someone to occasionally possess an offensive weapon
Published: 1 November 2013
Updated: 20 May 2015
- Updated guidance
- Updated guidance.
- First published.