Criminal investigation: sham marriage
- UK Visas and Immigration
- Part of:
- Enforcement and criminal investigations (modernised guidance)
- First published:
- 19 August 2015
Guidance about sham marriages and the offences involved.
PDF, 519KB, 35 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document includes information about:
- the definition of a sham marriage
- offences relating to sham marriages
- prosecuting authorities for criminal offences in relation to sham marriages
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) suggested good practice and scenarios for potential suspects and charges
- planned visits to a designated register office
- European Economic Area (EEA) removal options
Published: 19 August 2015