Online notification form for adoption and fostering agencies, children's homes and residential family centres.
Form for use by:
- voluntary adoption agencies
- adoption support agencies
- independent fostering agencies
- children’s homes
- secure children’s homes
- residential family centres
There is also a serious childcare incident form for local authorities.
Providers of children’s social care must notify Ofsted of any events or incidents. In urgent situations – particularly if there is a lot of interest from the press – you should telephone Ofsted first on 0300 123 1231.
Use the online form if possible. You will need your URN (Unique Reference Number) and full postal address when completing a form.
If you can’t use the online form you can use the printable form, sign it and return to Ofsted at:
- The Children’s Homes Regulations 2001
- The Fostering Regulations 2011
- The Adoption Regulations 2003
- The Residential Family Centre Regulations 2002
- The Residential Family Centres (Amendment) Regulations 2013