© Crown copyright 2019
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-to-exporters-201904-software-control-list-entry-added-to-3-military-ogels/notice-to-exporters-201904-software-control-list-entry-added-to-3-military-ogels
The Department for International Trade has today updated and amended 3 open general export licences (OGELs) with the addition of entry ML21.b.4.
The updated OGELS are:
- software and source code for military goods
- military goods, software and technology
- military goods, software and technology: government or NATO end use
The changes reflect a review of the software entries in Schedule 2 of the Export control (Order) 2008. ML21.b.4 refers to software that is both specially designed for military use and specially designed for:
- command, communications, control and intelligence (C3I) applications
- command, communications, control, computer and intelligence (C4I) applications
The revised licences come into force on 18 February 2019.
Export Control Joint Unit
3 Whitehall Place
Telephone 020 7215 4594
Contact for general queries about strategic export licensing.
This notice is for information only and has no force in law. If the information here applies to your business, we recommend you take appropriate action, including seeking legal advice if necessary.
Notices to exporters
All notices published since July 2016 can be found on the Notices to Exporters collection page.
You can find:
- Notices to Exporters from September 2012 to July 2016 at the National Archives
- Notices to Exporters prior to September 2012 at the National Archives
Sign up to receive email alerts to notices to exporters.