This document sets out the roles and contact details for the 4 regional quality assurance teams for NHS population screening in England.
To ensure NHS population screening is safe and effective in England, a quality assurance programme is coordinated by a national team.
Four regional teams work with the national programme to create a link with local providers:
- Midlands and east
The purpose of these regional teams is to:
- assess the quality of population screening services, including through peer review
- give expert advice during the management of screening incidents
- provide daily support to commissioners and screening programme providers
- work with providers and commissioners to improve equitable access to screening
Published: 1 January 2015
Updated: 17 February 2017
- Updated South East office address from Battle to Eastbourne and added new head of QA.
- Updated contact details and office addresses.
- First published.