Review of how to deliver better value for public money in the service provided by the NHSBT to secure the safe supply of blood to the NHS.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT):
- is a joint England and Wales Special Health Authority
- is responsible for securing the safe supply of blood to the NHS in England and North Wales
- provides solid organs, tissues and haematopoietic stem cells to the NHS
- has UK-wide responsibility for the provision of solid organs from deceased donors for transplantation
- manages the NHS Organ Donor Register, the British Bone Marrow Registry and the NHS Cord Blood Bank