What you must be able to do and what you must know and understand to provide training to drivers and riders.
Ref: DVSA/NS/DRT PDF, 597KB, 33 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The standard is for people who provide training to drivers of cars, light vans, and mopeds and motorcycles.
It tells you what you must be able to do to provide training.
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) if you have:
- questions about the standard
- ideas about how it could be improved
- evidence to make the standard stronger
DVSA national driver and rider standards
Published: 31 October 2011
Updated: 24 November 2014
- Added information about the increased considerations that need to be taken when driving in bad weather, using sat nav systems, responsibilities of accompanying drivers, and updated references of ‘Driving Standards Agency’ to ‘Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency’.
- Added a webpage version of the 'National standard for driver and rider training'.
- First published.