Updated information about policy developments and implementation news for the National Cancer Programme.
The latest edition of the National Cancer Programme bulletin aims to provide updated information about policy developments and implementation news for the National Cancer Programme. It will be of specific interest to NHS staff involved in cancer related projects.
This bulletin draws attention to:
- new structures for the Department of Health, the NHS Commissioning Board and Public Health England
- update on ‘Be Clear on Cancer’ campaigns 2012-13
- Care and Support White Paper and End of Life Care
- improvments on early detection of oral cancer
- Information Standards Board approval for the cancer outcomes and services dataset
- announcement of significant event audit in cancer diagnosis for GPs
- launch of quality improvement toolkit for improvement of inpatient experience of patients undergoing treatment for cancer
- unavailability of Intravesical BCG for treatment of bladder cancer