Statistics for key stage 3 (KS3) French and German and the levels pupils are expected to achieve.
- Date requested: 7 March 2013
- Date responded: 19 March 2013
Key stage 3 (KS3) statistics for French, and German, and the levels pupils are expected to achieve at KS3.
In an effort to reduce data burdens, from 2009 schools were no longer required to submit teacher assessment data for KS3 non-core/foundation subjects, such as modern foreign language. Therefore these results are no longer reported.
The duty on schools to make teacher assessments in the non-core subjects and report them to parents or persons with parental responsibility remains. However, national attainment in non-core/foundation subjects at the end of KS3 can no longer be produced or published at any level.
Figures for these subjects in previous years are available from 1999 to 2008:
- 2008 - (Table 7, 2nd EXCEL file)
- 2007 (& 2006) - (Tables 8a and 8b, page 17 of the PDF file)
- 2005 - (Table 5, page 13 of the PDF file)
- 2004 - (Table 5, page 12 of the PDF file)
- 2003 - (Table 14, page 21 of the PDF file)
- 2002 - (Table 7, page 8 of the PDF file)
- 2001 - (Table 1, page 21 of the PDF file)
- 2000 - (Table 1, page 19 of the PDF file)
- 1999 - (Table 1, page 19 of the PDF file)
We do, however, collect information on core subjects, such as English, maths and science at the end of KS3. Please visit ‘Provisional GCSE and equivalent results and national curriculum teacher assessments at key stage 3 in England: academic year 2011 to 2012’ and look at the third link, entitled ‘Additional tables 1: SFR25/2012’.