Military low flying: air weapons ranges activity
Notification of extended operating hours and low flying activities for UK air weapons ranges; Donna Nook, Holbeach, Pembrey Sands and Tain/Cape Wrath.
The MOD is aware of the disturbance that can be caused to local residents by activity at the UK air weapons ranges. In order to better inform residents, notification of the extended operating hours at the range will be published here at the earliest opportunity.
The RAF currently uses 5 air weapons ranges for essential operational training. These are located at:
- Donna Nook and Holbeach in Lincolnshire
- Pembrey Sands in Carmarthenshire
- Tain in Ross-shire
- Cape Wrath in Sutherland
The above activity is planned range use but in exceptional circumstances there may be additional activity at short notice without having the opportunity to notify residents through the website.
Published: 16 March 2016
Updated: 10 May 2017
- Amended out of hours range activity timetable.
- Updated to add out of hours activity for Donna Nook and Holbeach.
- Added Out of hours range activity: Holbeach air weapons range 10 May to 17 August 2017
- Added Out of hours range activity: Holbeach air weapons range 26 April 2017.
- Added Out of hours range activity: Donna Nook air weapons range 29 November to 1 December 2016
- Added Out of hours range activity: Donna Nook and Holbeach air weapons ranges 6 July to 11 August 2016.
- Added new out of hours exercise dates for Donna Nook and Holbeach Air Weapons Ranges 28 and 29 June 2016.
- Removed out of hours notification for Tain Range for 24 May 2016
- Added out of hour low flying for Holbeach and Donna Nook 31 May to 8 June 2016.
- Added short notice pre-deployment training for Donna Nook 4 May 2016.
- Added updated Tain out of hours activity.
- Added additional out of hours flying at Tain.
- Added Out of hours range activity Donna Nook: 19 to 28 April 2016
- First published.