MGN 418 Roll-on/roll-off ships stowage and securing of vehicles
Reminds industry of codes and standards which should be followed and includes key extracts from these documents for ease of reference.
Ref: MGN 418 (M) PDF, 142KB, 14 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- compliance of freight vehicles presented for shipment at UK ports with information on ferry securing arrangements
- compliance of roll-on/roll-off (Ro/Ro) vessels with regards to the numbers of lashing points on ship’s decks
- compliance with the approved Cargo Securing Manual and proper use of chocks on wheels
- all shipbuilders
- classification societies
- ship owners
- ship operators and managers
- ship’s masters and officers
- ship safety officials and other persons employed on roll-on/roll-off ships
- securing equipment manufacturers
- port authorities
- forwarding agents
- road hauliers
- freight vehicle manufacturers
- railway operators and packers of containers and vehicles at inland depots.