The method statement is used by Natural England to make sure that the proposed work won’t have a harmful effect on the protected species concerned.
This statement requires knowledge of the species and is usually completed by a consultant ecologist.
You need to include details of:
- the proposed work
- surveys conducted, with details of species numbers and how the species uses the site
- an assessment of the potential impacts of the proposed work
- mitigation plans (how you’ll reduce or cancel the damage if you can’t avoid affecting the species)
- compensation plans (how you’ll compensate for any unavoidable damage)
- timetable of work being licensed