Show what impact an activity will have on protected species and whether their favourable conservation status will be maintained.
MS Word Document, 119KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The method statement is used by Natural England to make sure that the proposed work won’t have a harmful effect on the protected species concerned.
This statement requires knowledge of the species and is usually completed by a consultant ecologist.
You need to include details of:
- the proposed work
- surveys conducted, with details of species numbers and how the species uses the site
- an assessment of the potential impacts of the proposed work
- mitigation plans (how you’ll reduce or cancel the damage if you can’t avoid affecting the species)
- compensation plans (how you’ll compensate for any unavoidable damage)
- timetable of work being licensed