- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccination programme
- 8 July 2015
- Last updated:
- 5 October 2016, see all updates
Information about the meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) programme for adolescents, aimed at healthcare professionals.
Ref: PHE publications gateway number: 2016155 MS Word Document, 789KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccine is being introduced in response to an increase in cases of invasive meningococcal disease capsular group W (MenW) disease.
This information for healthcare professionals about the MenACWY programme includes details on:
- the purpose of the programme
- who the vaccine is recommended for
- when vaccines will be available to order
- how to administer the vaccine
Published: 8 July 2015
Updated: 5 October 2016
- Amendment to ‘fresher’ date of birth in eligibility criteria
- Updated vaccine eligibility information.
- Updated MenACWY immunisation programme information for healthcare professionals.
- Updated with additional questions regarding the new MenACWY vaccine.
- First published.