- Department for Education and The Charity Commission
- Part of:
- Memoranda of Understanding with the Charity Commission
- 9 July 2012
- Last updated:
- 24 August 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
An agreement of the relationship between the commission and the Department for Education.
PDF, 752KB, 25 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- coordinating their regulatory operations
- formulating the regulatory policy framework within which they work
The MoU is intended to promote:
- effective working and communication between the commission and DFE
- clarity about their respective roles and responsibilities, working procedures, legal powers and constraints
It is intended to cover the full range of DFE’s regulatory interest in charities carrying out educational activities, and in particular the role as principal regulator of certain exempt charities in England.
The content on Further Education College Corporations has been updated following the Machinery of Government changes in 2016 which brought Further Education provision into the Department for Education.
Published: 9 July 2012
Updated: 24 August 2017
- New MOU added between the Charity Commission and Department for Education (DfE).
- First published.