Memorandum of Understanding: Charity Commission and the Department for Education
- The Charity Commission
- Part of:
- Memoranda of Understanding with the Charity Commission
- 9 July 2012
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
An agreement of the relationship between the commission and the Department for Education.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- coordinating their regulatory operations
- formulating the regulatory policy framework within which they work
The MOU is intended to promote:
- effective working and communication between the commission and DFE
- clarity about their respective roles and responsibilities, working procedures, legal powers and constraints
It is intended to cover the full range of DFE’s regulatory interest in charities carrying out educational activities, and in particular the role as principal regulator of certain exempt charities in England.
Published: 9 July 2012