Details of MRL laboratory services including malaria diagnosis.
The Malaria Reference Laboratory (MRL) provides the following services:
- malaria diagnosis
- epidemiological data for the PHE Centre for Infectious Disease Surveillance and Control (CIDSC)
- prophylaxis advice for travellers
- technical advice on methodology and laboratory procedures
These services are offered to:
- all hospitals
- PHE and NHS laboratories
- private medical laboratories throughout the UK and abroad
Published: 1 March 2013
Updated: 6 October 2016
- Replaced user handbook with 2016 edition.
- Updated guidance on obtaining malaria prophylaxis advice and on procedure for Hazard Group 4 risk specimens.
- First published.