M. tuberculosis strain typing: data production and distribution
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Tuberculosis (TB): national strain typing service and Tuberculosis (TB) and other mycobacterial diseases: diagnosis, screening, management and data
- 30 August 2012
Information for healthcare professionals on laboratory processes in Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) strain typing.
PDF, 216KB, 14 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide is intended to complement the ‘TB strain typing handbook for health protection units’ by giving the typing data users an insight into:
- how and why the Health Protection Agency (now Public Health England) is using MIRU-VNTR (mycobacterial interspersed repeat units - variable number tandem repeats) data
- how it is being generated
- how the laboratory data is analysed
- how and to whom results are reported
Published: 30 August 2012