Use the validation tool to test if a batch file you have prepared for upload is in the correct format.
The validation tool pinpoints if any part of the file is incorrect saving you time looking for errors.
Ensure you have read the system requirements and that you have the required software on your computer.
The validation tool is available for awarding organisations (AO) and learner registration bodies (LRB).
AO can check their achievement records batch file prior to uploading it to the LRS organisation portal. This saves time by ensuring the file is in the correct format and highlights any changes required.
The validation tool user guide includes instructions for AO when checking their batch files.
- ensure your pc has the software required as outlined in the system requirements
- access the LRS Batch Validation tool version 4.0 installer and save to your desktop
- you will need to extract both files
- run the setup.exe file
- you will have successfully installed the software
Download the latest version of the Validation tool and overwrite the existing version when prompted. If you are having any problems overwriting the old version, contact your IT support as there may be a problem with settings or permissions.
You will need to ensure that the following are on your computer:
- .NET Framework 3.5: visit the Microsoft website for download and installation details. The installer downloads and installs .NET framework 3.5 if the tool cannot find it installed on the user’s PC
- MS Access database engine for processing MS Excel files. Further information is available in the Validation tool installation guide