- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- FAnGR resources for farmers and livestock breeders, Animal and plant health, and Biodiversity and ecosystems
- 1 November 2012
- Last updated:
- 1 November 2017, see all updates
In accordance with EU zootechnical legislation, Defra lists recognised breed societies for bovine, ovine, porcine and caprine species.
This is a list of recognised breed societies for bovine, ovine, porcine and caprine species. The list of recognised equine breed organisations is also available.
EU zootechnical legislation supports intra-Community trade in purebred breeding cattle, sheep and goats, pigs and hybrid pigs, and equines, and their genetic material.
You can read more information about the work of the Farm Animal Genetic Resources Committee.
If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com
Published: 1 November 2012
Updated: 1 November 2017
- Updated the list of ovine species.
- Updated the list of ovine and caprine species.
- Updated lists for bovine and ovine species.
- Updated lists for bovine, caprine, ovine and porcine species.
- Latest lists added for bovine, caprine, ovine and porcine species.
- Updated the ovine list.
- Updated the ovine list of recognised associations.
- Published latest version of the Ovine list.
- Bovine list updated.
- Ovine list updated.
- Added email address for Zootechnics and Fangr
- Uploaded latest version of the Ovine list.
- Latest vesrion of Bovine list: recognised associations published.
- Updated ovine list.
- Linked to list of recognised equine breed organisations.
- Published updated Bovine list: recognised associations
- First published.