Quality assurance (QA) aims to maintain national standards and promote continuous improvement in diabetic eye screening. This is to ensure that all eligible people have access to a consistent high quality service wherever they live.
QA visits are carried out by the PHE screening quality assurance service (SQAS).
The evidence for this report comes from:
- routine monitoring data collected by the NHS screening programmes
- data and reports from external organisations
- evidence submitted by the provider(s), commissioner and external organisations
- information collected during pre-review interviews
- information shared with SQAS north as part of the visit process