Land charges: registration, official search, office copy and cancellation (PG63)
Information about Land Registry Land Charges Department: applications for registration, official search, office copy and cancellation (practice guide 63)
This guide gives advice about applications to Land Registry, Land Charges Department to register an interest in unregistered land, to search the index, to obtain an office copy and to cancel an entry.
It is aimed at conveyancers and other legal advisers and you should interpret references to ‘you’ accordingly.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 23 May 2005
Updated: 13 April 2016
- This guide has been amended as to take account of changes to the process by which a debtor can apply for bankruptcy, and to clarify the procedure for cancellation of bankruptcy entries both at the Land Charges Department (which is part of Land Registry) and at Land Registry.
- Sections 7.1 and 9.3 have been amended as a result of a change to our email addresses.
- Section 3.1.1 has been amended to clarify how to correctly enter names.
- Sections 2, 2.6 and 13.4 have been amended following the repeal of the Deeds of Arrangement Act 1914. As from 1 October 2015 it is no longer possible to register a new deed of arrangement.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Section 9 has been amended as a result of changes to contact details.
- First published.