Key stage 1 tests: modified test administration guidance (MTAG)
- Standards and Testing Agency
- Part of:
- National curriculum assessments: key stage 1 tests
- 8 April 2016
- Last updated:
- 21 March 2017, see all updates
Guidance for administering the 2017 national curriculum tests to pupils with hearing or visual impairments.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78644-349-6 , STA/17/7925/e PDF, 304KB, 13 pages
Key stage 1 modified test administration guidance: administering to pupils with a hearing impairment
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78644-350-2 , STA/17/7926/e PDF, 503KB, 8 pages
Key stage 1 modified test administration guidance: administering modified large print (MLP) versions
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78644-351-9 , STA/17/7927/e PDF, 141KB, 10 pages
If you’re involved in administering the key stage 1 tests in 2017 to pupils with hearing or visual impairments, you should prepare by reading this modified test administration guidance (MTAG).
The guidance is to ensure that pupils using the modified large print (MLP) or braille versions of the tests, or who have a hearing impairment, can access the tests properly and that they are not at a disadvantage. It includes information about:
- planning for the tests
- receiving test materials
- administering and marking the tests
Published: 8 April 2016
Updated: 21 March 2017
- Updated for the 2017 test cycle.
- Documents updated to reflect the removal of the requirement to administer the KS1 English grammar, punctuation and spelling test in 2016.
- First published.