Use the DTTP1 to apply for a Double Taxation Treaty passport.
The DTTP1 can be used to apply for a Double Taxation Treaty passport by a company or other fiscally opaque entity resident in a country with which the UK has a double taxation treaty that provides for relief from UK Income Tax on interest arising in the UK.
Before you start
This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to complete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
HMRC are creating new versions of their forms that don’t depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to ensure the form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you are using, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select “Save linked file as”
- save the form - the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader you can open the form
If the form still doesn’t open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Related forms and guidance
Double Taxation Treaty passport Scheme
Guidance on how the scheme applies to overseas companies and borrowers. How to apply and tell HMRC about changes.