This report provides an interim evaluation of the Internet of Things UK Research and Innovation Programme 2015 - 2018.
Commissioned by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS), this research was carried out by SQW Limited and completed in June 2018.
This interim evaluation report looks at:
- early outputs and outcomes
- management, governance and financial matters
- evaluation arrangements for projects within the programme
These projects included:
- Cityverve, a smart city Internet of Things project in Manchester
- two healthcare projects
- the PETRAS Internet of Things Research Hub
- accelerator schemes for small businesses
- work by the Digital Catapult and Future Cities Catapult