Inspecting boarding and residential provision in schools: guidance for parents and carers
- Part of:
- Ofsted inspections of residential special schools and Ofsted inspections of boarding and residential schools
- First published:
- 16 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 15 September 2015, see all updates
For inspection to 31 March 2017.
MS Word Document, 599KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document is for inspection to 31 March 2017. For inspection from 1 April 2017 please use the social care common inspection framework (SCCIF).
- residential provision in all independent boarding and residential special schools, except those that are members of associations affiliated to the Independent Schools Council
- boarding and residential provision in all maintained and non-maintained schools, academies, free schools and pupil referral units
Published: 16 August 2013
Updated: 15 September 2015
- For use from September 2015: updated to reflect changes to boarding and residential special schools inspection framework.
- First published.