Initial teacher training: criteria for providers
Statutory guidance on the criteria that organisations must meet to provide initial teacher training (ITT).
This guidance is for:
- accredited ITT providers and their partner schools
- organisations seeking ITT accreditation
This statutory guidance sets out what accredited ITT providers must do to comply with the law. You should follow the guidance unless you have a very good reason not to.
Published: 15 March 2012
Updated: 16 February 2017
- Initial teacher training criteria and supporting advice attachment updated.
- Update statutory guidance document to include supporting advice.
- This is an update to the previous ITT criteria document, which takes into account amendments to criteria 2.2, 2.3, and 4.1.
- Updated PDF uploaded
- First published.