Personal tax – form

Inheritance Tax: claim to transfer unused Inheritance Tax nil rate band (IHT216)

Use form IHT216 to claim transferable nil rate band after an IHT400 has been submitted and any Inheritance Tax due paid.



Use form IHT216 to transfer to the deceased’s estate any unused Inheritance Tax threshold (or ‘nil rate band’) from the previously deceased spouse or civil partner.