Industry Qualifications Ltd (IQ)
||Failure to comply with 13 conditions of recognition in relation to an incident which occurred in February 2015
||Notice of intention to impose a monetary penalty
On 20 February Ofqual formally issued Industry Qualifications with a notice explaining our intention to fine it £50,000.
Ofqual considers that IQ breached 13 General Conditions of Recognition in relation to an incident in February 2015. Our enforcement committee found that IQ:
- failed to identify conflicts of interest when it decided to work with a college
- did not make sure candidate work which was marked at the college was properly moderated
- did not properly investigate alleged malpractice at the college
- took action against learners accused of malpractice without properly investigating the truth of the allegations
- did not put in place an adequate appeals process for learners affected by its decisions
A summary of the legal document served on Industry Qualifications is provided on this page. This is known as a notice of intention to impose a monetary penalty.
Industry Qualifications will have until 20 March 2017 to send us evidence or material in support of its case. Any interested parties can also send evidence and material to us during the same period.