Phase 1 of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) opens on 20 July 2020. You will be able to submit your application via the Innovation Funding Service pages once Phase 1 is open.
This page provides guidance in advance about the programme and the eligibility criteria.
Phase 1 project types
Phase 1 will provide funding for:
- projects deploying technologies that improve the energy efficiency, specifically of industrial processes
- feasibility and engineering studies of energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation projects
Phase 1 opens 20 July 2020.
- organisations within the manufacturing SIC codes 10-33
- data centres
The documents here provide more detail on the eligibility criteria.
Scotland will have a separate programme, details to be made available here, which will be managed by the Scottish government.
- the funding will be provided as grants
- the minimum grant companies can receive for energy efficiency deployment projects will be £250,000
- the total eligible costs for engineering studies must be at least £100,000
- the total eligible costs for feasibility studies must be at least £60,000
For energy efficiency deployment projects, you must use the project benefit calculator in your application.
- Innovate UK is managing Phase 1 delivery for England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- up to £30 million of funding will be available
Get in touch
If you need more information about the application process for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, please contact Innovate UK:
For enquiries relating to industrial energy efficiency or decarbonisation in Scotland, please contact the Scottish Government at IETF@gov.scot.