Use the online form to apply for a refund of tax on your savings interest.
To claim a repayment if you think you’ve paid too much tax on your savings, you can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- print the postal form, fill it in by hand and post it to HM Revenue and Customs
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
Use the notes to help you fill the form in.
To fill in the form you’ll need:
- your National Insurance number (you’ll find this on your payslip, P60 or tax return)
- agent’s details (if you have an agent you want us to contact about your claim)
- details of income from:
- UK employment
- UK pensions
- taxable state benefits
- pensions and annuities
- UK interest
- UK dividends
- UK land and property
- foreign income
- any other income
- the amount of any gift aid payments you made in the year of the claim
- details of any allowances you want to claim
- details of who you want us to make payment to