Implementing the 2019 review of post-18 education and funding
Advice to the Prime Minister on the implementation of the Review of Post-18 Education and Funding, chaired by Dr Philip Augar.
In a letter to the Prime Minister sent in September 2020, the Council for Science and Technology (CST) highlights 4 challenges that must be considered in post-18 education reform, including:
- the need to train individuals across multiple disciplines to support future economic growth
- addressing the skills mismatch between jobs and employers
- supporting individuals who don’t choose to enter higher education but require training to support career goals
- the need for an education system that provides lifelong learning opportunities
The advice also outlines 2 principles that should be integrated into post-18 education:
- developing a system that serves a diversity of learners
- promoting a coherent, integrated education system that offers relevant, high-quality education to all
Read the post-18 review of education and funding.
Published 11 March 2021