How to apply
You will need to apply online for Round 5 of the Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund through the Flexigrant application portal. Word versions of the application forms are available here for drafting purposes only.
Before applying, please read the guidance above and the Finance for Darwin and IWT.
Once you have read the guidance, please complete the Stage 1 online application form.
The stage one application process is now closed for round 5.
If you are invited to Stage 2, please complete the Stage 2 online application form (by invitation only). The budget form must also be submitted with your Stage 2 application form online.
When to apply
There is a two-stage application process for IWT Challenge Fund projects. The timetable for Round 5 is set out below:
- Stage 1 application process opens: 22 May 2018
- deadline for Stage 1 applications: Thursday 10 July 2018
- expected outcome of Stage 1 and notification of applicants invited to Stage 2: By October 2018
- deadline for Stage 2 applications: Thursday 22 November 2018
- expected notification of successful projects: February 2019
- expected start date for successful projects: From 1 April 2019
Who can apply
Please refer to the guidance above for the list of countries and organizations eligible for the scheme.
Read about the Illegal Wildlife Trade Challenge Fund.