Human Rights Council Elections - UK Candidacy
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
An outline of the UK's candidacy for the 2014 to 2016 UN Human Rights Council
PDF, 265KB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The UK has been successful in its bid for election to the UN Human Rights Council for the term January 2014 – December 2016.
For further details see: Press release: UK elected to the UN Human Rights Council.
- Foreign Secretary talks about the UK’s campaign to be elected to the UN Human Rights Council
- The United Nations main website
- The United Nations Human Rights website
- The United Nations Human Rights Council website
- The UK Mission to UN New York website
- UN Human Rights Council - The United Kingdom’s Voluntary Pledges and Commitments on Human Rights 2013