This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Summary of the government's decision to develop a new national high speed rail network.
Ref: HSR Doc 015 PDF, 573KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The government’s decisions
The government has decided to develop a new national high speed rail network, the most significant transport infrastructure project in the UK since the building of the motorways. Following in the tracks of the Victorian railway pioneers and the post war planners who developed the motorway network, the government is signalling its commitment to providing 21st century infrastructure and connections - laying the groundwork for long term, sustainable economic growth.
Order printed copies
To order printed copies of this leaflet please phone DfT Publications on 0300 123 1102
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - decisions and next steps
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report
- Review of the government’s strategy for a national high speed rail network
- High speed rail strategic alternatives study: Update following consultation
- Review of strategic alternatives to High Speed Two
- Economic case for HS2: Updated appraisal of transport user benefits and wider economic benefits
- Economic case for HS2: Value for money statement
- Review of the technical specification for high speed rail in the UK
- Review of possible refinements to the proposed HS2 London to West Midlands route
- Summary of effects of HS2 London to West Midlands route refinements
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands route selection and speed
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands appraisal of sustainability
- Review of property issues
- HS2 revised line of route maps
- Do you think you are affected by the HS2 route?