High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report addendum 2
A summary of seven hundred and twenty two (722) responses submitted online that were not fully analysed.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
On 10 January 2012, the government announced its decision to develop a new national high speed rail network following the completion of a major public consultation.
On 29 May, the consultation responses were published online. We have discovered, since then, that a small number of responses submitted online (722 of around 55,000 submitted in total) were not analysed fully by Dialogue by Design (DbyD) due to technical errors. For these responses, the answers to one or more of the seven consultation questions were omitted from DbyD’s analysis. In total, approximately 0.4% of answers provided to individual consultation questions were affected.
This addendum report is a supplementary analysis by DbyD of the seven hundred and twenty two (722) affected consultation responses submitted online. The report concludes that the affected responses ‘do not provide any information that was not already included in the previous consultation summary report or would have made a difference to the substantive content or balance of that report’.
The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport issued a statement about this to Parliament on 18 September 2012 explaining that the cause has been identified as technical errors in transferring data captured from online consultation responses to the consultation analysis database held by DbyD.
All those who submitted the responses affected have been contacted with details of their particular cases to notify them and apologise.
Read the written ministerial statement
- High speed rail: investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report addendum
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - the Government’s decisions
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - decisions and next steps
- Review of the Government’s strategy for a national high speed rail network
- High speed rail strategic alternatives study: Update following consultation
- Review of strategic alternatives to High Speed Two
- Economic case for HS2: Updated appraisal of transport user benefits and wider economic benefits
- Economic case for HS2: Value for money statement
- Review of the technical specification for high speed rail in the UK
- Review of possible refinements to the proposed HS2 London to West Midlands route
- Summary of effects of HS2 London to West Midlands route refinements
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands route selection and speed
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands appraisal of sustainability
- Review of property issues
- HS2 revised line of route maps
- Do you think you are affected by the HS2 route?